Our 2019 day conference exploring how to help our churches progress towards a ‘radical new Christian inclusion’ for LGBT+ people will be held on Saturday 5th October 2019 at De Montfort University in Leicester.
Our aim is to help churches to become more inclusive – as Oasis Foundation Open Church Charter says:
“any person regardless of sexuality or gender identity will find our local church to be a place of welcome, embrace, inclusion, affirmation and sanctuary.”
The programme is subject to change so check back here as we add speaker profiles, workshop information, and additional information
- Luke Dowding, newly appointed Executive Director of OneBodyOneFaith – Welcome, hospitality and LGBT people seeking refuge and asylum
- Dr Carol Shepherd, Research Fellow at the University of Winchester – We Need To Talk About Bi: The subject the Church and LGBT+ groups keep ignoring
Breakout groups (subject to change)
- The Bible, welcome and hospitality
- The Equality Act and religious exemptions
- LGBT people seeking refuge and asylum
- Bisexual Christian experiences
- Supporting families with transgender relatives
- Creating safe sacred spaces for LGBT+ Christians
The ticket price also includes lunch, and morning and afternoon refreshments.